Sunday, July 22, 2007

Corporate Heavy Metal

Corporate Heavy Metal
(Hewitt-Morgan)

This is what Pop Machine is all about. Our satiric approach works well here, and all the pieces fall into place: words, music, concept....I must give full credit to Mr. Hewitt for bringing this to the table; all the lyrics and the main riff are his. I knew I had to get in on this and threw down with the rest of the music and we all pulled the arrangement together in true group fashion.

Al: Vox
Scott: Guitar
Dave: Drums, Bass, Guitar

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric Nilsson said...

The first song that I heard that I loved from Pop Machine, on that old trippy bright colored cassette tape I remember... ah the memories... And yes, you play it cause I buy it (or at least get it for free from you!)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

And, hey, now you can all get it for free over the internet! Ain't technology grand?

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was amazed when I heard this one too! Pop Machine can rock the METAL! Add some Umlots over the letters of Pop Machine!
Not only do I love the music of this one, but the biting lyrics are a window into the reality of the record business. The internet has buried the old record barons, and now the world can hear every band imaginable -- Viva technology!
-- Johnny Leed

8:01 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Sorry to say this was one of the very few sessions I was not around for...I think that was when I went back to the East Coast for Tommy G's wedding and my 10 year High School reunion...

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home