Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Remixes

Yesterdays (Go On and On)
Drowning In Attitude
(Morgan)

So now we're rounding to corner into our second month (yay, us), so it's 2-for-the-price-of-1 day. Thanks to all who have stopped by and given me feedback so far...

Here are a few remixes into SQ quad as a shout out to the fine folks coming over from "Quadraphonic Quad", a truly wonderful site for multichannel sound enthusiasts old and new. Check it out, music fans!

BTW, when I mention remixes, I am generally referring to them in the "take the existing elements and redo volume levels, instrument placement etc." sense rather than the more contemporary "remove the drums/guitars/keyboards/vocals and replace them with glockenspeil/funk banjo/tabla/guest rappers etc. in an effort to completely change the song" sense.

Not that I have any problem with the latter, I just haven't gotten it right yet. My attempts at revamping material usually just make a Pop Machine demo sound like a very odd Pop Machine demo. Oh, well, I'll keep trying, and one day I'll be able to live out my secret fantasy and refer to some of my music as "Crunktacular!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home