Friday, March 02, 2007

No Money For Fun

No Money For Fun

(Morgan)

Hmmm...I just noticed the piano is reminiscent of "One" by Three Dog Night, and the lyrics are a bit like "Can't Buy Me Love" on Thorazine. But like the best medecines this one goes down quickly and hopefully tastes good. No money for fun? No soup for you!

Strange Equations

(Morgan)

We go to the cassettes again to prove what a math geek I really am. "Tesseracts collide"? There's a lyric you won't hear in a Ramones song...

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Wow you did some LITERAL Math Rock.

Or maybe not literal. You decide.

Math Rock

2:47 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Sadly, I'm not up on much of the math rock scene, though with the oft-touted "deconstruction of rock" tag and noted reliance on old prog-rock formalist exercizes I can hazard a guess as to what some of it sounds like. Me, I write songs, and play just well enough to convey my ideas, so a career in instrumental sleight-of-hand is not in the cards for me. Still, if someone were to describe any of my stuff with an adjective as bizarre as "mathy" I'd be tickled pink.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home