Monday, February 26, 2007

Calling the Bluff, Pt. 2

And....we're back! Sorry for the delay, folks, but it was a very nutty weekend over here. I promise we'll play catchup for the next few days and post 2 songs until we've hit our quota later on in the week.. With that said, let's begin the fun...

Gaaah!

(Morgan)

Heh heh, nice suggestion, Eric! As you can tell, I'll turn anything into a song. I must say, it is a peppy little number for something devoted to a primal grunt. Is guess that must make it punk rock...

The President's Analyst

(Morgan)

Here's a cheery little number (heh) from the mid 90's. For you eagle-eyed culture vultures, yes, I stole the title from an old James Coburn movie. I've never seen the film in question but I liked the title so I "nicked" it, as our friends across the pond would say. Somber yet hummable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

I promise you will get 50% of every penny I make from this tune, up to and including $1.00. Go wait by the mailbox.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Sounds to me like Burton Cummings fronting Devo at the Eurovision Song Contest.

Get Dr. D on the phone!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Hey, I like that amalgam! I feel I've succeeded whenever any comparison involves two wildly disparate artists (ex: "It's like Kraftwerk massaging the Carpenters in P.Diddy's limo", "It's like Zapp bludgeoning Frank Sinatra while Tommy Roe makes pancakes on the Foo Fighters' skillet")...sounds like a combo that would redo the Guess Who's "Friends of Mine" as "Spuds of Mine".

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home