Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Keep Your Head Down

Keep Your Head Down

(Morgan)

Well, if it's not apparent now that I've got some 70's damage (as well as the obvious 80's damage), this should seal the deal. Mining the unlikely subgenre of prog-funk (prunk?), we take a quick journey to Rod Argentina for today's musical nugget. I'm no Mike Lawrence in the keyboard department, but I'm learning to fake it.

One free Deep Purple 8-track to whoever explains the title pun first.

Al: Makes with the warm'n'gurgly keyboard sounds

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

No, but that's pretty good. I hadn't even thought of that...

10:43 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Nice. The keyboard bass thing kind of reminds one of 10CC more than Argent, actually.

As for the pun, does it have to do with not throwing up beer? Or is it related to that old joke about "getting down off a duck"?

I got nuthin.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Well, if Scott don' get it, I know it's too obscure. The title is my (bad) takeoff on "Hold Your Head Up", the sole hit for the aforementioned Ex-Zombies keyboard maestro Rod Argent (actually, for his band...duh, Argent). Eric, you probably know these guys for doing the original version of "God Gave Rock and Roll To You", later covered by Kiss.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home