Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hey, Ma, Look What I Found!

Wish You Were Here (Waters-Gilmour)
The Simple Things (Demo) (Morgan-Sookman)
(Past The Reach of) 12 Step Help (Grungier Mix) (Wall-Morgan)
Rock Hard (Extended Instrumental) (Morgan-Sookman)

Going through the ol' mix CDs to find lummage for the site, I unearthed several interesting songs & variants. Here's some details:
1) WYWH: More jam band goodness. Drenched in reverb to accentuate that "you are there with us in the very small and very hot room with us" vibe. Don't ask what "up the gay" refers to...and I won't tell.
2) ST Demo: I like this this simple, tuneful little keyboard piece which later grew into a uber-produced Pop Machine staple. From small things, Mama, big things one day come...
3) 12 Step: I experimented here with a "heavier", more overdriven mix on this Osmium crowd-pleaser. Crunchy.
4) RH: Reachin' back to '90 for an alternate version of an early track. Dance, cowboy, dance!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I don't think I had any hand in "The Simple Things," music or lyrics.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

2:03 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

No, you contributed some music to the verses and of course some of the genius outro items. Mebbe some of the main song lyrics, I can't remember that part. But it wouldn'ta happened without ya, and you're one of the few who would "get" the concept and help run with it...

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home