Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pop Record

Pop Record

(Sookman)

Felt like offering up some classic Pop Machine tonight, which, BTW, you can apparently buy at iTunes. (Hey, if you want more, drop me a line at bizmopeen@earthlink.net and I'll hook you up. I know someone.)
A defining Sookman statement from our early years, I just remember it being great fun to record. A later version with me on lead vox can be found on the first "Cheeseburgers" EP (on colored vinyl, no less!) with an even more kitchen sink production. Hummable and fun, with a...thud, thud, thud, thud...HOOK!


Sook: Lead & backing vox, percussion
Al: Keys, backing vox
Scott: Guitar, backing vox
Dave: Drums, keys

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Actually Tommy G. gets co-writing credit on this. It was his idea. He wrote the chorus and the hook that goes "HOOK!" but I did write all of the verses.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Didn't you say, though, that his chorus had three rather than four "thud"s before the "HOOK"? That's totally different...

10:42 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yes, he corrected me on that after the fact. I had THOUGHT it was four thuds rather than three. But I think it works better with four. Must have been a subconscious editing decision on my part.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home