Thursday, August 10, 2006

Alien Octopus Trilogy

Alien Octopus Trilogy
(Sookman-Morgan)

Recorded in March of this year, this is more great Sookman high concept. Why record one 50's/60's novelty song ripoff tribute when you can record three and call it a medley? Fans of "spot the influence" can send their answers in at their leisure...wish I had me more than one take for the guitar, tho...

Part 1: Malt Shop In the Sky
Part 2: Space Creatures From Outer Space
Part 3: Do the Octopus!

Al: Vox & backing vox, guitar
Sook: Vox & backing vox
Mike: Keys, backing vox
Dave: Keys & drum programming, bass

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still haven't reimbursed my dry cleaning bill for what the dog did to my slacks!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Hey, how was I to know she had a thing for purple Zoot Suits? You were lucky we were able to pull her off you!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Answers to Spot The Influence:

Part One: Teen Angel by Mark Dinning, et al.
Part Two: Martian Hop by The Ran-Dells meets Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley, channeling Jerry Lee Lewis
Part Three: The Ostrich by The Primitives (Reed and Cale pre-Velvet Underground); actually a parody itself, so this is a parody of a parody, but so obscure that nobody would ever know that. Unless I told them. And I just did.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home